Thank you to all of our candidates for running!
Don't forget about tonight's Northside DFA meeting where we will hear from Daily Kos blogger "Georgia10" a.k.a Georgia Logothetis, a four-year front-pager at Daily Kos who now serves as Director of New Media for the Alexi Giannoulias U.S. Senate campaign.
We will also be hearing from State Central Committeewoman, Elk Grove Township Committeeman, and former Northside DFA adopted candidate Christine Cegelis about the Lieutenant Governor selection process. As a newly elected member of the Democratic Party of Illinois State Central Committee Christine was one of 38 committee members who selected our new Lt. Governor nominee. She will be on hand to answer our questions and give us all the details.
NDFA APRIL MEETING WITH "GEORGIA10"
- Monday, April 12, 7:00 p.m.
- 6:00 dinner ($15, optional. April menu will be Chicken Kabobs, Vegetarian Kabobs, Roasted New Potatoes, Salad, plus cash bar)
- Fizz Bar (Upstairs), 3220 N. Lincoln (2 blocks south of Paulina CTA Brown Line, $1 per hour city parking lot behind building)
- RSVP at:
Also on the agenda for tonight:
- a representative from Forrest Claypool's campaign will be on hand to talk briefly about his petition gathering effort
- we will be doing an endorsement vote for Alexi Giannoulias (if you are a voting member and can't be here tonight please submit a proxy vote by email to NorthsideDFA@gmail.com before 4:30 today)
- per member suggestions we will be considering three of our currently endorsed candidates for adoption: Dan Seals, Pat Quinn and Toni Preckwinkle (voting members who can't attend tonight should also submit proxy votes on these potential adoptions)
- we will be discussing two efforts to change the rules of how our representatives are elected: the Illinois Fair Map Amendment and HB 6000
- getting updates on our upcoming Northside DFA fundraiser, a future fundraiser for our adopted candidate Daniel Biss, ! our NDFA candidates, committees and more.
There are also two events of note coming up this week – one includes a presentation by Tim Kaine, current chair of the DNC (Democratic National Committee). Details on these are below.
See you tonight!
UPCOMING EVENTS OF INTEREST:
Chicago Aldermen to Introduce Clean Power Ordinance
Show your suport at Tuesday's press conference
- Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 9:45 a.m.
- 2nd floor City Hall, 121 N. LaSalle St, Chicago
- Show your support by attending the press conference where Chicago aldermen, led by Joe Moore of the 49th ward, will introduce an ordinance that would limit greenhouse gas and particulate pollution from Chicago's power plants. The Fisk coal plant in Pilsen and the Crawford coal plant in Little Village are not required to meet modern pollution standards because they were built before the 1977 Clean Air Act. A study by the Harvard School of Public Health estimated that the two plants together result in 41 premature deaths per year, 550 emergency room visits, and 2800 asthma attacks. A large gathering of supporters at the press conference w! ould show the public support needed for the ordinance to pass. Thirty local non-profits and businesses have formed a coalition in support of the ordinance.
April Organizing for America / Lincoln Chapter Meeting
Featuring Democratic National Committee Chairman Governor Tim Kaine
- Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 7:00 PM
- Ethiopian Diamond Restaurant
- 6120 N. Broadway - Chicago, IL (1/2 Block south of Granville)
- This is a free event - drink and food specials will be available
- RSVP by clicking here: http://my.barackobama.com/page/event/detail/gp8ybc